Provides Youth (19-24), eligible low-income earners employed, living in Vancouver, Richmond, North Shore, New Westminster, and Burnaby with financial assistance to help with their monthly rent payments to their landlords for housing in the private market rentals. Program sponsored and in partnership with BC Housing. Please contact us at 604-709-5720 or by email at email@example.com or visit us at 2455 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC.
Who is eligible? We need a cooperative Landlord to receive monthly rent subsidy cheques from our agency to set this program up. Must provide Residential Tenancy Agreement from the landlord:
- Youth ages 19 – 24 (Broadway Youth Resource Centre services to age 24).
- Must be employed part-time or full-time… income allowed from these sources: MSD Income Assistance (IA) – MSD Person with Disability (PWD), or Employment Insurance (EI), or MCFD Agreements with Young Adults (AYA) – but need part-time employment to qualify if getting this income.
- Your gross annual income is $40,000 or LESS.
- You filed your annual Canadian income tax return and if not must provide (3) months bank statements to demonstrate financial need.
- You meet one of the following Citizenship requirements: Canadian citizen, or authorized to take up Permanent Residence in Canada, or Convention refugee; and are not under private sponsorship.
- You have lived in British Columbia for the full twelve (12) months immediately preceding your application.
- Not currently receiving rental subsidy from any BC Government Programs – Including BC Housing, not currently living in Subsidized (Social Supportive) Housing.
- Living in service area: Richmond, Burnaby, North Shore, New Westminster, Vancouver.
- Currently living in a rental – unit/house/room/apartment with a Residential Tenancy Agreement.
RAP is currently at capacity, please contact the program coordinator about the waitlist at 604.709.5720.