This youth employment service supports Vancouver and Surrey’s youth aged 16-30 to achieve employment. In partnership with Starbucks and BladeRunners, the program provides life skills guidance, employment skills coaching, training certifications, and work experience in preparation for employment and increased health and well-being.
The next Baristas Training Program will begin in middle or late September. As we transition post-Covid, this will depend on whether we are able to provide the program in-person or via Zoom. We are also looking at the possibility of providing the program with a mix of Zoom and in-person classes. Participants will attend 6 weeks of life skills and employability workshops as well as receive 3 certificates. If you are interested in attending, we recommend applying sometime in August.
- 16 – 30 years old
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Must live in the lower mainland of Vancouver
- Unemployed or precariously employed
- Have not completed a post-secondary degree
- Have not participated in another program funded by Access BladeRunners
- Able to attend each class via Zoom with video and audio and/or in-person
- There is a training allowance available
For more information call 604-999-2301 and to apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.