The REACH Program for Youth hosts a variety of peer-support groups, employment groups, and workshops including:
- Girls and Boys Group
- Homework clubs for extra school support
- Leadership groups for planning events
- Community volunteering groups
- Outings and activities
- Self-esteem, health and wellness, and Canadian culture workshops
- Employment readiness workshops and support
Our REACH Program for Youth also has some other great features…
Youth Activity Group:
Youth are welcome to attend a bi-weekly activity group which gives them an opportunity to engage with peers and share their unique culture.
Outings and activities can include:
- Trips to the museum, aquarium, zoo, or a sports event
- Biking along the Seawall, the Grouse Grind, or swimming
- Cultural celebrations such as Diwali, Eid, and Aboriginal Awareness Day
- Other fun activities that youth suggest or show interest in
Reel Youth Film Project
As part of the Surrey Welcoming Communities Project, staff and participants of the REACH Program for Youth made a series of videos to illustrate their experiences as newcomers to Canada.
Link to Reel Youth videos
Services are available in English, Arabic, Punjabi, Hindi and French.
Interpreters can also be provided to accommodate other languages