Pathways to Education – Vancouver and/or Surrey (Job #2750 – 1903)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Pathways to Education Program™ is a national program, operating in 17 communities across Canada and provides a comprehensive set of academic, social, financial, and individual supports to youth. The primary goal of the Pathways to Education Vancouver program is to enhance the educational success of youth living in the Downtown Eastside and Strathcona community.
The Site Support Worker is responsible for ensuring a safe site environment for all programming. The Site Support Worker is available on-site during programming activities and works with community centre staff and Pathways program staff. Key responsibilities of this role include set-up and cleanup of food, resources and technology, youth and volunteer attendance and safety, monitoring resources, and supporting the program facilitator throughout tutoring and mentoring.
- Open and set up rooms at site locations, including food preparation and safety check
- Set out volunteer and student name tags, attendance sheets, logs, newsletters, and resources;
- Compiles program attendance data in a timely and consistent manner;
- Support tutoring/mentoring activities as needed;
- Support security and caretaking routines specific to the site location;
- Supervise students leaving the building promptly and safely at the end of programming;
- Work with Program Facilitator to handle emerging and emergency or difficult situations;
- Keep the Supervisor up-to-date on any student, volunteer, program or site issue or incident;
- Work in a manner that is safe, respectful, positive and inclusive of youth and colleagues;
- Follows confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
- Experience with organization and multi-tasking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with diverse groups of people, including youth
- Other languages an asset (per community requirements)
- Familiarity with Downtown Eastside/Strathcona neighbourhoods
- Ability to work evenings Monday to Thursday and occasional weekends
- Travel between multiple sites in the community
- Supervisor, Pathways to Education
Salary Range: $15.70/hour, plus 4% Vacation Pay
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”