Ashnola at the Crossing – Keremeos (Job # 8720 – 1910)
Permanent Part Time (14-21 hours/week)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS requires a full time experienced nurse to work at Ashnola at the Crossing a remote youth and young adult (17-24 years of age) addiction treatment centre in Keremeos. As a member of a large, multi-disciplinary team, the nurse will coordinate primary health care services including telehealth, providing basic care services including wound care and supervision. Core responsibilities will include: assisting in providing basic care and supervision to youth on-site; participating in the assessment and planning for each youth; supporting the medication management system, dispensing medication; promote the maintenance and restoration of health; provide information on prevention and treatment by assessing health status; planning, implementing and evaluation of interventions and with the staff and doctor. Other duties include maintenance of health records, complete and maintain file charts and other related duties. Adherence to standards of professional practice and the ability to work independently within a team framework is essential.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Current practicing registration with the BCCNP.
- Graduation from a recognized diploma or bachelors level program in Nursing.
- One (1) year of recent, related nursing experience in substance use and mental health care setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and
- Preference is for Registered Nurse but will consider LPN and RPN with experience
- Criminal records check including the vulnerable sector
- Tuberculosis and medical clearances
- Must be a member in good standing with the BCCNP
- First aid and basic CPR certification
- Driver’s Abstract
- Use of own vehicle in good repair and $3 million dollar liability business insurance
- Sound judgment, tact, and effective interpersonal skills
- Experience with high-risk youth and young adults
- Sound knowledge of adolescent development and addictions
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
Joanna Macaulay, Director, Ashnola at the Crossing
Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with designation and experience.
Closing Date: Open until filled
“PCRS fosters an environment which ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”