Administration (Job #1000 – 1907)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS is looking for a flexible, multi-tasker with direct experience in construction and/or building and maintenance support. The qualified candidate will be able to deal both with day to day repairs and maintenance of our facilities and at that same time respond to emergencies. The maintenance worker will provide an effective, efficient and safe working environment for staff and participants at all facilities. The position will use best practices to coordinate resources, services and processes. This position will be working in environments that provide services to vulnerable youth and adults. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in an atmosphere of respect and sensitivity.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Trade Certifications in a related field and a minimum of five years’ experience in building and maintenance support or construction
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of renovation and repair work of both internal and external repairs
- Competent in the safe and appropriate use of construction-related hand tools
- Knowledge of WorkSafe, BC Building code, related legislation and their applications
- Familiar with function and diagnosis of basic electrical systems
- Familiar with water, plumbing and waste management systems
- Confident making minor adjustments, changing out toilets and tanks and repairs as required
- Adept at wall repairs, painting, hanging doors and flooring system repairs
- Excellent at the repair of and or sealing of bathroom sinks, bathtubs and tile work
- Perform regular preventative maintenance duties with an eye for detail and delivery of quality workmanship with the ability to demonstrate preventative procedures to others
- Experienced in working alone and confined space procedure awareness certification is an asset
- Experienced with tag out and lockout procedures
- Well organized with excellent communication/listening skills both written and verbal
- Provide a clean, safe and well-organized workspace
- Excellent with time management, forecasting timelines, working independently and collaborating on larger projects
- A combination of education and work-related experience will be considered. A background in the not for profit world is also an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel as well as e-mail
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Driver’s license and abstract
Bruce Ratcliffe, Coordinator, Facilities and Sustainability
Salary Range: $24.01/hour – $27.33/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”