Chilliwack Health and Housing Centre (Annis Residence) (Job #8690–1901)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Housing Support Worker is a member of the Annis Residence team and is responsible for the direct care of participants placed in the housing program. The housing support worker provides case management and advocacy to support participants to stabilize in their current housing. As needed, the housing support worker will run groups, participate in recreation activities and provide outreach support to the participants of the program. This position requires an understanding of poverty and housing, addiction and mental health. The housing support worker has expertise in community outreach and life-skills training and works flexible working hours to accommodate participants’ schedules.
- Offer both insight and practical goal-focused counselling strategies while maintaining a safe and respectful environment for participants
- Perform program administrative tasks as delegated by the Team Lead, including running resident meetings, stats, goal and service planning for a caseload of participants
- Complete basic assessments and develop service goals in collaboration with the participant
- When required, develop, implement and facilitate group sessions that are relevant to local needs; sessions could include co-leadership with other staff, volunteers or peer counsellors or other community professionals
- Act as a positive role model and assist in participants in developing values of honesty, self-assertiveness, and respect for others, a democratic viewpoint, and a lack of dependency on drugs, alcohol and self-abusive and destructive behaviour.
- Maintain health and safety of self, participants and community; manage inappropriate behaviour and emergency situations according to agency policy and practice.
- Maintains good safety practices and a preventative approach
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work or other fields plus one years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree in Child and Youth Care or relevant discipline plus one year’s direct experience. Substance use/Addiction counselling training. A combination of experience and education is considered.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Class 5 Driver’s License; use of own vehicle; driver’s abstract
- Current standard first aid certificate
Team Lead, Annis Residence
Salary Range: $24.01/hour – $27.33/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”