Residential Services / Chilliwack Housing Hub – Chilliwack (Job #8643 – 1901)
Term (30 hours/week) (Until March 2020) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The housing support facilitator is a member of the Chilliwack Housing Hub team and is responsible for the direct care of participants placed in either direct-rent or supportive-housing tenancies. The Housing Hub team works with landlords and property owners/managers to provide individuals who may have difficulty securing housing access to safe, affordable, and secure housing. The housing support facilitator understands the housing situation in Chilliwack and the specific service providers involved in providing housing support to individuals at risk. The housing support worker has expertise in community outreach and life-skills training and works flexible working hours to accommodate participants’ schedules.
1) Maintain a Safe and Supportive Environment and Provide a High Standard of Basic Care
2) Assist in the Completion of a Comprehensive Assessment on Youth Involved in the Program
3) Assist in Regular Household Duties
4) Contribute to Team Performance
5) Performance of Duties in Accordance With Accepted Standards of Practice
Academic and Job Experience Required:
B.A. in a related field plus one-year related experience, or a two-year diploma in a related field plus two years’ experience, or a combination of related work experience/education with at-risk individuals.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Driver’s license with business insurance use
- Use of own vehicle required. Paid mileage.
- Driver’s Abstract
- Sound judgement and effective interpersonal skills
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- Current standard first aid certificate
- Previous residential experience
- Sexual abuse training
- Substance Use Training
- Learning disabilities training including FASD, ADHD, Early childhood education, special needs
- Knowledge of attachment theory and trauma-informed practice
- Other skills/certification in recreation or arts
Jutta Wykpis, Manager, Chilliwack Health and Housing Centre
Salary Range: $23.31/hour – $26.53/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”