Ashnola At The Crossing – Keremeos (Job #8720 – 1909)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 23)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS requires a regular, full-time experienced clinical counsellor to provide expertise in rural youth and young adult addictions treatment centre in Keremeos. This position requires a sound understanding of addictions, mental health, and trauma-informed practices. Additionally, the successful candidate will show expertise in attachment theory, child and adolescent growth and development, and counselling theories such as CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing, solution-focused counselling, and existential and experiential therapies.
The successful applicant will have a strong knowledge base of successful treatment practices for youth and young adults and the ability to balance clinical methodologies with recreational and relationship-based practices. Additionally, the successful applicant will have good skills in maintaining and/or building Youth support systems in the community and will value the role of discharge planning in the continuum of treatment.
- Provision of clinical services like provides one-on-one ongoing clinical counselling with participants using evidenced-based interventions in coordination with participant goals as well as ongoing communication with the clinical manager and relevant support networks
- Maintains administrative policies and Participates in the work of PCRS’s committee system. Communicate effectively with both co-workers and supervisors.
- To work as a member of a treatment team, Develop and implement written service plans in concert with the clinical manager, home support team and youth or young adult.
- Maintain records and case notes describing significant treatment-related information.
- To maintain health and safety manages acting out behaviour by applying methods of logical consequence in accordance. with agency policy. Intervene effectively to prevent or diffuse emotional dysregulation.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
M.A.or B.A. in a related field. Registration with a professional college such as the BC College of Social Workers, BC Association of Clinical Counsellors or Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association. Three years’ experience as a clinical counsellor. Experience in a group based, residential program is an asset. Applicants with experience in supporting youth through addiction treatment will be given preference.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard first aid certificate and CPR
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Use of own vehicle is required with paid mileage
- Driver’s abstract
- Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple, often conflicting priorities
- Ability to respond to crisis scenarios using agency protocols and ethics
- Effective team collaboration skills
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills
- Committed to the agency’s mission, vision and values
- Joanna Macaulay, Director, Ashnola at the Crossing
Salary Range: $30.86/hour – $35.35/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”