Pathways to Education – Vancouver and Surrey (Job #2770 – 1903)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 9)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to provide overall reception and administrative support services for the Pathways team, in both Vancouver and Surrey locations. The applicant will be friendly, welcoming, non-judgmental and thrive in a positive, progressive atmosphere, respecting and valuing the diversity of communities and individuals. This position requires working in a manner that incorporates health promotion and recognizes the determinants of health while striving to strengthen collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork. The Administrative Assistant also supports the maintenance of a multitude of partnerships with stakeholders, including schools, community-based organizations, and other partners. Finally, this position requires working in a manner that preserves participant confidentiality and will seek to minimize this risk as per privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be skilled and experienced connecting with diverse communities, including Aboriginal, newcomer, immigrant, and LGBTQ youth to ensure they feel safe, supported and connected.
- Provides administrative support to the Manager of Pathways and the Pathways staff team in both Vancouver and Surrey locations
- Support in the maintenance and enhancement of filing systems, meeting coordination, communication mechanisms, and the development of systems to ensure efficiencies
- Providing administrative support at meetings involving the community, Pathways to Education staff, and advisory committees including meeting minutes and other supports
- Respond to community inquiries regarding the program
- Maintaining the program database by entering data, supporting analysis, and generating reports required by funders and others
- Provide key administrative support for program student registration process
- Produce materials for program promotion and administration
- Assists with program communication to youth, parents, partners and funders (e.g. mail-outs, social media)
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Three to five years of reception and administrative support experience, preferably in a community-based setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and CRM tools.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
- Experience working with at-risk youth considered an asset.
- Experience working in the Downtown Eastside and Strathcona and the Whalley and Guildford communities an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and in two different program sites.
Silvana Guglielmetti, Manager, Pathways to Education Program.
Salary Range: $21.40/hour – $24.32/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”