Traverse Program – Chilliwack (Job #8760 – 1906)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week)(Flexible Hours may be required) (Grid – 7)
** Please note that this position does not begin until February 2020
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The administrative assistant works as part of a large multi-disciplinary team that provides treatment for substance use for youth (13-18) in a residential setting. The team works within the strategic objectives of the Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to our participants. As a member of the treatment team, the administrative assistant will provide the administrative support to create a welcoming, safe, inclusive and vibrant space for youth to access supports and services they need to achieve their goals. This position requires working in a manner that preserves participant confidentiality and will seek to minimize this risk as per privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Provide welcoming environment to everyone who accesses Traverse whether in person, through email or via the telephone.
- Provide administrative support to the daily activities of the program.
- Prepare billings as required
- Set up and maintains participant files
- Support the needs of the medical team as designated
- Participate in setting attainable expectations for each participant and supporting the achievement of identified goals.
- Support new staff and practicum students by providing site orientation and onboarding training
- Provide Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) services to the site, train new staff in OSH policies and procedures, attend agency OSH meetings and chair site OSH meetings.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and staff, and participate in team efforts
- Other related duties as required.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Certification in Business Administration or high school with a one-year administrative experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to operate office equipment.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and navigating the Internet
- High level of verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Experience creating and working within a culturally inclusive environment for staff, partners, and participants
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Tuberculosis and medical clearance
- Current standard first aid certificate
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Manager, Traverse Program
Salary Range: $20.22/hour – $22.95/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”