Pacific Community Resources Society provides a range of services from Vancouver to Keremeos. We’ll be posting stories about the work we’re involved in and things you can do to help.
Surrey Parent Leadership Group
In the Surrey Parent’s Leadership Group, parents and guardians will receive information, insights, and coaching to address some of the toughest real-life situations we face. Parents will learn and support each other while working towards being more effective leaders. Although this group will be supportive, it is not a ‘support group’ instead it is a leadership group for parents who want to grow and develop their skills.
Topics covered include:
- growing and developing as a parent and leader
- creating a safe home
- recovering from disappointment
- how to care for yourself and create resiliency
- creating and establishing healthy boundaries
- administering discipline and having expectations
- attachment and bonding
- the influence of a parent’s own upbringing on parenting
- the impact of trauma on parenting style and capacity
- the impact of indulgences and addictions
- teaching children about sex and drugs
- and much, much more!
This group will be facilitated by John Solano, a professional counselor with over 27 years of addiction and family counselling experience.
Where: Surrey Youth Resource Centre, 114 – 13479 76th Ave
When: Every Tuesday, 6pm – 8:00pm
Registration: John Solano 604-839-2395 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Details: The group is a drop-in format. Come to one or all sessions. No referral required. Bringing a pen and notebook is recommended.