Everyone who uses a PCRS service has the right to have information about them kept private.
You have the right to read any reports or documents we write about you, and to know in advance who (if anyone) will be receiving reports about you. Depending on the service you access, there may be information that we have to report to the Ministry that is funding the service you access. A PCRS staff member will let you know this when you start with us.
You have the right to request changes to any reports about you, or have your comments or disagreement (if applicable) noted in writing.
If you or anyone else shares information that a child is unsafe, we must, by law, report this. If you or anyone else shares information that a person has, or is about to commit a serious crime, we have a civil responsibility to report this to the police.
If you have any questions or would like to see our policies, please ask any PCRS staff member.
If you or anyone else shares information that a child is unsafe, we must, by law, report this to the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
Pacific Community Resources Society staff, contractors, practicum students and volunteers shall:
- Taking active steps.
- Reporting all incidents.
- Work with other staff and participants to ensure that the physical and emotional safety of everyone who accesses a service.
- Work from the belief that all people are capable of positive change.
- Respect the intrinsic dignity and worth of persons served.
- Provide service without prejudice in regard for ethnic origin, status, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, or beliefs.
- Respect and promote the human, legal and civil rights of persons served and seek to ensure that they obtain all services to which they are entitled.
- Ensure all people who access PCRS services are made aware of their rights.
- Understand that the staff/ participant relationship is a power imbalance and that it carries a special responsibility. Staff will not exploit that relationship for private advantage or personal gain.
- Maintain and improve their knowledge and skills.