Are you seeking funding to attend school? Are you a registered Apprentice (Have an ITABC number)? Seeking Apprenticeship classroom training Level 1, 2, 3 or 4? Are you eligible for EI? You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- you have an employer sponsor or an Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (ASETS) sponsor,
- you have a union hiring hall,
- you are unemployed with pre-existing ITA registration and are attached to your employer sponsor, but at the time you request financial support, you do not have a specific return-to-work date to attend classroom technical training, or
- you are unemployed and without an employer sponsor, but at the time you request financial support, you have an active ITA apprentice registration to attend classroom technical training. Please note that the ITA keeps registration active for 18 months from the date an apprentice loses his or her employer sponsor.
If you meet these eligibility criteria, you are able to register for Apprentice Online Supports
If you require assistance with how to complete the Apprentice Online Supports process, you can utilize the following:
- WorkBC – Apprentice Supports Online Page
- Instructions on how to proceed through the Apprentice Supports Online Process
Are you looking to attend a pre-apprenticeship training program (i.e. Foundation program)? Please contact a Case Manager at your local WorkBC Centre who can assist you with developing a career plan:
If you need to make contact with Service Canada, you can call 1-800-206-7218 or look for the nearest Service Canada office.
The Industry Training Authority of British Columbia (ITABC) works with employers, employees, industry, training providers and government to issue credentials, manage apprenticeships, and increase opportunities in the trades in BC.
To contact ITABC, visit their website.
Apprenticeship Grants/Tax Credits
Apprentices are eligible for different grants and tax credits as they move through their apprenticeship. To view more information about these grants and tax credits, visit the following websites: