Surrey Youth Resource Centre – Reconnect Program
Regular Full Time (Grid 13)
Pacific Community Resources Society requires an experienced youth outreach worker for the Reconnect program which operates as part of the Surrey Youth Resource Centre. In order to meet the needs of the program participants, we strongly encourage Male-identified candidates to apply.
Reconnect workers provide outreach services and support integrated case management to youth self-identified or referred by MCFD or other relevant community partners. Youth are initially identified as being street entrenched, multi-barrier, and not residing in a traditional setting. Reconnect workers engage these youth in order to promote ways of re-integrating longer term family, community, employment and other supports back into the youth’s life.
- Provide outreach services to youth in the City of Surrey and other various neighborhoods as needed.
- Establish relationships with youth to ensure they are connected to longer term community resources.
- Engage with and encourage youth to participate in pro-social activities in the City of Surrey by offering access passes, recreation schedules, knowledge of community agencies offering youth specific activities and workshops.
- Attending community meetings to identify youth and their specific needs, mapping and locating family and community networks, forming relationships with other service providers and agencies to ensure all information is current and relevant.
- Hours – early afternoons and mid-evenings (approx. noon to 8 pm)
- There will be need for earlier or later hours depending upon circumstances, including morning meetings and evening youth events; offering support at key times and coordinating others to assist when not available.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
B.A. in a related field plus 1 year related experience, or a Child and Youth Care Diploma plus 2 years’ experience, or a combination of education and related work experience with at-risk youth.
- Criminal Records Check including the vulnerable sector
- Valid BC driver’s license with Business insurance use
- Driver’s abstract must be submitted
Familiarity with Trans theoretical Model of Change, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused Counselling, Addictions Counselling Training, Mental Health Training, Sexual Abuse Training, Depression/Suicide/Co-occurring Disorder Training.
Tyler Lee, Supervisor, Surrey Outreach Services
Salary Range: $22.74/hour – $25.88/hour, plus a comprehensive benefits package
PCRS hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its’ community. We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.