Day Treatment Program – Vancouver (Job #7350 – 1001)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves some of the most vulnerable people in B.C. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. In fact, we care about well-being so much that we were the recipient of the 2016 Surrey Board of Trade’s Surrey Child & Family Friendly Workplace Award. This means we have been recognized for placing high value on work-life balance, laughter and joy in the workplace, exercise and nutrition, and self-care. Also, our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS requires an experienced Youth Addictions Worker for youth attending a day substance use treatment program operating out of Broadway Youth Resource Centre in Vancouver.
The Youth Addictions Worker is a member of a treatment team working in partnership with the concurrent disorders and intake clinicians from Vancouver Coastal Health. The youth worker will assist in day treatment program functioning as needed. The successful applicant will be part of an integrated youth services team providing addictions and mental health supports to youth.
- Support concurrent clinician with daily activities of the program, care of the clients, case planning and transitions and discharges.
- Collaborate with others to facilitate the management of cases; coordinate care using a supportive case management approach within the principles of harm reduction.
- Participate in case conferences/meetings with members of the multidisciplinary team for identification and management of youth mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Establish and maintain relationships/communication with community partners, colleagues, community health services, and other healthcare professionals.
- Provide recreational activities and life skills instruction to program participants.
- Connect youth with other resources including academic, housing and employment supports.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Bachelor Degree in related field plus one year experience or Diploma in Child and Youth Care or related field plus two years of experience.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard first aid certificate and CPR
- Substance abuse/addictions counselling training
- Valid Driver’s license
- Learning disabilities training including FASD, ADHD, experience in Health Promotion and/or Adolescent Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Experience working with at-risk youth ages 16-24
- Experience working within a trauma-informed, culturally inclusive environment for staff and youth
Devika Ramkhelawan, Manager Vancouver Addictions
Salary Range: $22.97/hour – $26.14/hour, plus a competitive benefits package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”