Fraserworks – Burnaby (Job #3810 – 1903)
Term Full Time from April 1, 2019, to September 20, 2019 (35 hours/week) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
Pacific Community Resources Society is seeking an energetic and engaging Needs Assessment Specialist to compliment the team providing WorkBC services at Fraserworks in Burnaby. The Needs Assessment Specialist provides needs assessment and intake services to clients attending the centre according to WorkBC policy. The Needs Assessment Specialist will provide one to one support and comprehensive employment readiness and financial assessments for clients interested in accessing WorkBC services. Using a client-centred, non-judgmental and strength-based approach, the goal is to support clients in the initial stages of case management in order for them to overcome their barriers to employment. It is imperative that the Needs Assessment Specialist demonstrates the ability to support a diverse population and takes initiative to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for participants and staff.
This position requires working evenings and weekends based on operational need.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Certification or Degree such as Career Development or adult learning and experience in employment services.
- Conduct needs assessments to determine employment readiness; make a determination and refer to the appropriate next step.
- Effective customer service skills in person and virtually, including confidentiality, communication and de-escalation.
- Working with and supporting individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds.
- Solid comprehension of career development and labour market needs and trends.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector.
- Knowledge of the local labour market and trends.
- MS Office and overall computer proficiency including data administration utilizing complex data bases, specifically the Integrated Case Management (ICM) system.
- Mental health first aid certification.
- De-Escalation/Non-Violent Intervention training.
- Occupational first aid – Level 1.
- Motivational interviewing techniques.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Manager Employment Services
Salary Range: $23.31/hour – $26.53/hour
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”