Pathways to Education Program – Vancouver/Surrey (Job #2750 – 1005)
Term Full Time (35 hours/week) (one year term) (Manager 2)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being in the workplace, Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS is seeking a full-time Manager of the Pathways to Education Program™ which is a national program, operating in 20 communities across Canada. The program provides a comprehensive set of academic, social, financial, and individual supports to youth. The primary goal of the Pathways to Education program is to enhance the educational success of youth living in the Downtown Eastside/ Strathcona communities in Vancouver and Guildford/Whalley communities in Surrey.
The Manager will lead the work of the staff team to ensure the successful planning, implementation, evaluation and ongoing development of the Pathways to Education Programs. This position will also be responsible for fund development and supervision of supervisory staff, strengthening and expanding community partnerships, and the growth and sustainability of the program overall. The position will require a willingness to work within complex partnerships and networks both in and outside the community that support the specific academic and psychosocial needs of participating youth.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, combined with at least five (5) years’ experience in a leadership/manager position responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of operational programming related to services.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in program management, staff leadership, supervision, fiscal management, and budgeting.
- A thorough knowledge of relevant government legislation.
- Experience working with the target
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the social determinants of health, particularly as this relates to education.
- Experience creating and working within a culturally inclusive environment for staff, partners, and participants.
- Experience in asset-based community development and engagement.
- Effective team building and mentoring skills.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills: the ability to balance multiple, often conflicting priorities.
- Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
- Use of own vehicle required (Mileage is paid)
- Driver’s abstract
- Deb Anderson Eng, Director, Vancouver Youth Services
Salary Range: $37.44/hour – $44.93/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”