Head Office (Job #1000 – 1010)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Manager2)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS is seeking a self-motivated professional to provide leadership and direction to PCRS communications. The successful candidate will be a creative, experienced, confident communicator and presenter who brings new ideas to the table and has extensive communications experience. A self-starter, the manager will have excellent project management and time management skills. The manager is responsible for the preparation of high level communications such as the CEO messages, speeches and presentations, as well as external and internal communications. This position maintains broad external contacts, and requires a sound understanding of stakeholder relations, trends, outcomes, culture sensitivity, and service evaluation.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, (Master’s degree preferred) combined with at least seven (7) years’ experience in an applicable field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Experience in staff leadership, supervision, fiscal management, and budgeting.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Advanced computer skills notably Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, notably Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Experience creating and working within a culturally inclusive environment for staff, partners, and participants.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector.
- Driver’s license and abstract.
- Sue Bauman , Director of Strategic Programs
Salary Range: $37.44/hour – $44.93/hour plus a comprehensive benefits package (100% employer paid)
PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”
For Job description detail see the link: Job Description Communication Manager