Ashnola at The Crossing – Keremeos (Job # 8720 – 1012)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in B.C. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. In fact, we care about well-being so much that we were the recipient of the 2016 Surrey Board of Trade’s Surrey Child & Family Friendly Workplace Award. This means we have been recognized for placing high value on work-life balance, laughter and joy in the workplace, exercise and self-care. Also, our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS requires a full time experienced LPN to work in a remote youth and young adult addiction treatment centre in Keremeos. The LPN will work as a member of a large, multi-disciplinary team is responsible for the care of youth and young adults (17-24 years of age) residing at the Ashnola at the Crossing in Keremeos. Core responsibilities will include: assisting in providing basic care and supervision to youth, on site; participating in the assessment and planning for each youth; supporting the medication management system, dispensing medication, promote the maintenance and restoration of health, provide information on prevention, treatment by assessing health status, , planning, implementing and evaluation intervention and with the nurse practitioner and doctor, Other duties will include, maintain records, complete and file charts and other related duties. Adherence to standards of professional practice and ability to work independently within a team framework are essential.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Current practicing registration with the BCCNP.
- Graduation from a recognized diploma program in Nursing.
- One (1) year of recent, related nursing experience in substance use and mental health care setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- CPR Training – Basic cardiac life support (BCLS) – Level 1.
- Criminal records check including the vulnerable sector
- Tuberculosis and medical clearances
- Must be a member in good standing with the CRNBC
- First aid and basic CPR certification
- Driver’s Abstract
- Use of own vehicle in good repair and $3 million dollar liability business insurance
- Sound judgement, tact and effective interpersonal skills
- Residential experience with high risk youth and young adults
- Sound knowledge of adolescent development and addictions
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- Michelle Shaw ,Director
Salary Range: $22.97/hour – $26.14/hour plus benefits package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”
For Job Description see the link: