WorkBC Employment Satellite Office – Surrey SCOPE
Job # 3880 -1001
Regular Full Time (Grid 13)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is an award-winning, accredited not-for-proﬁt that has served the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley for over 30 years. Our participants are often vulnerable or marginalized from society. PCRS is committed to integrated service delivery which is people-centred, inclusive, collaborative, and evidence-based. PCRS has an annual operating budget of approximately 24 million; employs nearly 350 staff; and engages over 200 volunteers.
PCRS requires a Job Developer to work with a multi-agency service delivery team within the Employment Program of BC at the Surrey WorkBC satellite office. The successful applicant must be able to work closely with diverse populations including people with multiple barriers to employment, youth, older workers, and immigrants.
The Job Developer is responsible to increase employment outcomes by developing a variety of employment opportunities for participants engaged in employment. The Job Developer will provide pre-screening services for employers to support their hiring needs, ensuring they are connected with suitable candidates. The role may also entail working collaboratively with Vocational Counselors to carve job opportunities for candidates engaged in customized employment, which involves individualizing the employment relationship between employees and employers in ways that meet the needs of both and where required assisting with accommodations or disability-related supports. The Job Developer will be required to provide Job Maintenance support to newly hired individuals and/or Job Coaching support on the job where needed.
The Job Developer will demonstrate a solid understanding of the Labour Market in Vancouver and adjoining areas. Additional job duties include but are not limited to assisting with joint marketing initiatives, supporting on and off-site job fairs, documenting, maintaining and sharing records of job leads and employers and making cold calls and/or in person visits to employers. Opportunities that the Job Developer solicits include full-time and part-time paid employment placements, informational interviews, job interviews and work experience placements. The Job Developer must be willing to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet these requirements.
This position also requires a Life Skills/Employability Facilitator who will be responsible for supporting participants during workshops, as well as curriculum creation.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Successful applicants will have a B.A. in a related field plus 2 years’ experience OR a suitable combination of education, lived experience and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of the Vancouver labour market
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work effectively within a fee-for-service model and understand and apply policy appropriately
- Strong ability to engage participants with complex needs, facilitating a small group and/or one to one job search workshops
- Successfully complete a criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Current first aid certificate
- Experience and/or qualifications related to recruitment, marketing, human resources, teaching and training adults, drug and alcohol counselling, and/or other social services
- Experience working with unemployed, underemployed, homeless and marginally housed individuals, and knowledge of the challenges facing individuals with significant barriers to entering the labour market
- Attention to detail and familiarity with data management and reporting procedures
- Familiarity with Employment Program of British Columbia policies and procedures
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certificate, Mental Health First Aid and/or Suicide Intervention Training
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, employment coaching, negotiation, mediation, interviewing and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and verbal French, Chinese, Tagalog, and/or Vietnamese
- Experience working with the Aboriginal community
- Driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract and business insurance
- Sandip Mann, Surrey Scope WorkBC Satellite Office, Team Lead
Salary Range: $22.74/hour – $25.88/hour, plus a comprehensive benefits package including pension
“PCRS fosters an environment which ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”