Ashnola at The Crossing
Auxiliary /On Call-Casual Relief
Pacific Community Resources Society requires experienced Cooks to work casual/on-call shifts in the kitchen and food program at our youth and young adult substance use treatment centre in Keremeos. Shifts will vary based on operational requirements.
Reports to the Operations Manager or designate and works in accordance with the mission, philosophy and values of Pacific Community Resources Society including following the code of ethics. Duties and responsibilities include planning and preparing assigned food items, maintaining a clean and safe work environment and performing administrative duties as required according to licensing regulations.
- Daily prepare, cook and serve meals, following menus prepared by Lead Cook
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks as required, per licensing regulations.
- Prepares and serves meals and snacks by performing duties such as planning, food preparation and cooking schedules.
- Maintains security of kitchen by performing duties such as ensuring all knives are kept under lock and key except those in current use.
- Performs a variety of inventory control duties such as storing and rotating food and supplies.
- Participates as team member with other staff to ensure a safe and caring environment.
- Observes participants and their environments to ensure safety of clients and the premises.
- Performs a variety of cleaning duties throughout shift such as cleaning food prep equipment, sweeping and mopping floors.
- Maintains equipment in the area by performing duties such as monitoring of functioning and reporting malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains related manual and computerized records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Minimum of Grade 12 education, Graduation from a recognized 12 month or more program in cooking plus one year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Criminal Records Check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Current Food Safe Certificate Level 1
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment
- Demonstrated physical/mental ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Suitable to work with youth, young adults experiencing multiple challenges
- Crisis Intervention and De-escalation Training/Nonviolent Communication Certification
- Depression/Suicide/Mental Health Assessment Training
- Trauma Informed Practice