Surrey Youth Resource Centres
Pacific Community Resources Society provides a range of services from Vancouver to Chilliwack, with approximately 40 programs and 270 staff members. Our programs include housing services, youth centres, employment training and skill building, education, and drug and alcohol addictions and prevention programs.
Surrey Youth Services is currently looking for auxiliary on-call staff to work in a variety of youth work settings. Applicants could be expected to support youth in the resource rooms, activities both in the centres and in community, work doing street outreach in programs such as Reconnect and IRAYL or work to supporting youth to secure housing.Hours will vary and typically run into the early evening.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Child and Youth Care Diploma plus 2 years’ experience, B.S.W. or B.A. in a related field, plus 1 year directly related experience, or a combination of related work experience/education with at-risk youth.
- Criminal records check including vulnerable sector
- Valid driver’s license, with Business Insurance
- Use of own vehicle with paid mileage and business insurance
- Current first aid and CPR certificate
- Driver’s abstract
- Sound judgment and effective personal skills
- Familiarity with Transtheoretical Model of Change
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution focused counselling
- Addictions counselling training
- Mental health training
- Sexual abuse training
- Depression/Suicide/Co-occurring disorder training
- Knowledge of Surrey area and services is an asset
- Michelle Shaw, Director of Youth and Addiction Services