Surrey Youth Resource Centres (Job #5510 – 1001)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is an award-winning, accredited not-for-proﬁt that has served the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley for over 30 years. Our participants are often vulnerable or marginalized from society. PCRS is committed to integrated service delivery which is people-centred, inclusive, collaborative, and evidence-based. PCRS has an annual operating budget of approximately 24 million; employs nearly 350 staff; and engages over 200 volunteers.
Surrey Youth Services is currently looking for auxiliary on-call staff to work in a variety of youth work settings. Applicants could be expected to support youth in the resource rooms, activities both in the centres and in community, work doing street outreach in programs such as Reconnect and IRAYL or work to supporting youth to secure housing. Hours will vary and typically run into the early evening.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Child and Youth Care Diploma plus 2 years’ experience, B.S.W. or B.A. in a related field, plus 1 year directly related experience, or a combination of related work experience/education with at-risk youth.
- Criminal records check including vulnerable sector
- Valid driver’s license, with Business Insurance
- Use of own vehicle with paid mileage and business insurance
- Current first aid and CPR certificate
- Driver’s abstract
- Sound judgment and effective personal skills
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution focused counselling
- Addictions counselling training
- Mental health training
- Sexual abuse training
- Depression/Suicide/Co-occurring disorder training
- Knowledge of Surrey area and services is an asset
- Valerie Clement, Surrey Outreach Services
Salary Range: $22.74/hour – $25.88/hour
“PCRS fosters an environment which ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”