Surrey Youth Resource Centres – Surrey (Job #5510 – 1004)
Auxiliary On-Call (Grid 13)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
Surrey Youth Services is currently looking for auxiliary on-call staff to work in a variety of youth work settings. Applicants could be expected to support youth in the resource rooms, activities both in the centres and in the community, work doing street outreach in programs such as Reconnect and IRAYL or work to supporting youth to secure housing. Hours will vary and typically run into the early evening.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Child and Youth Care Diploma plus two years’ experience, BSW or B.A. in a related field, plus one year directly related experience, or a combination of related work experience/education with at-risk youth.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard first aid certificate and CPR
- Valid driver’s license, with Business Insurance
- Use of own vehicle with paid mileage and business insurance
- Driver’s abstract
- Sound judgment and effective personal skills
- Motivational interviewing
- Solution-focused counselling
- Addictions counselling training
- Mental health training
- Sexual abuse training
- Depression/Suicide/Co-occurring disorder training
- Knowledge of Surrey area and services is an asset
- Valerie Clement, Surrey Outreach Services
Salary Range: $23.31/hour – $26.53/hour
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”