Pathways to Education – Surrey/Vancouver (Job #2750 – 1901)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 9)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Pathways program has been operating in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside & Strathcona neighbourhood for three years, and has now expanded to Surrey as of the 2017 school year!
We are seeking a dynamic individual to provide overall reception and administrative support services for the Pathways team, in both Vancouver and Surrey locations. The applicant will be friendly, welcoming and non-judgmental and thrive in a positive, progressive atmosphere, respecting and valuing the diversity of communities and individuals. This position requires working in a manner that incorporates health promotion and recognizes the determinants of health while striving to strengthen collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork. The Administrative Assistant also supports the maintenance of a multitude of partnerships with stakeholders, including schools, community-based organizations, and other partners. Finally, this position requires working in a manner that preserves participant confidentiality and will seek to minimize this risk as per privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be skilled and experienced connecting with diverse communities, including Aboriginal, newcomer, immigrant, and LGBTQ youth to ensure they feel safe, supported and connected.
- Provides administrative support to the Manager of Pathways and the Pathways staff team in both Vancouver and Surrey locations
- Administrative duties include, but not limited to the enhancement of filing systems, data collection and reporting, meeting coordination, communication mechanisms, and the development of systems to ensure efficiencies
- Provide key administrative support for program student registration process and respond to community inquiries regarding the program.
- Produce materials for program promotion and administration, including print and online media; assists with event coordination, preparation, and marketing.
- Supports volunteer recruitment and onboarding, including outreach, screening, and orientation preparation.
- Provide key administrative support for program immediate financial support
- Coordination of Occupational Health and Safety requirements for program sites.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Three to five years reception and administrative support experience, preferably in a community-based setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and CRM tools.
- Experience working with at-risk youth considered an asset.
- Experience working in the Downtown Eastside and Strathcona and the Whalley and Guildford communities an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and in two different program sites.
- Preference is given to those with post-secondary school diploma in office administration, or related program or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Fluency in English essential; additional languages are an asset.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Standard first aid certificate and CPR
Manager, Pathways to Education Program
Salary Range: $20.78/hour – $23.61/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”