Midtown – Vancouver (Job #3600 – 1909)
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week) (Grid 14)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Accountant is an integral member of the WorkBC team and works within the strategic objectives of Pacific Community Resources (PCRS) to ensure the provision, coordination and exceptional delivery of the WorkBC program. The primary role of the Accountant is to provide financial administration support to the Midtown WorkBC centre which includes both WorkBC specific requirements as well as general accounting duties. Responsibilities include management and administration of accounting systems, reconciling financial supports, completing financial reporting, overseeing billings on the Integrated Case Management System, and accounts payable and receivable. The Accountant will also assist the Manager with the coordination of the budgeting process and overseeing payroll reimbursement in coordination with all partner agencies. It is important that this position be knowledgeable about the WorkBC contract and services available in order to ensure accurate financial documentation and data entry.
- Perform accounting tasks according to WorkBC policy as well as in-house PCRS practices utilizing Sage ERP 300 (Accpac).
- Assure timely collection of invoices due to PCRS Midtown by following up with funding agencies and partners.
- Provide oversight to and process invoices and cheque requisitions, ensuring authorization at appropriate levels.
- Responsible for the identification and recovery of overpayments according to policy. Receive and process all cash and cheques.
- Maintain and update participant records, prepare and process direct deposits for approved financial support for participants (living supports, transportation etc.) on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Prepare journal entries, monthly financial statements, funding reports and regulatory reports; reconcile the working papers monthly.
- Assist payroll in the preparation of T4A’s for participants annually.
- Assist the PCRS Controller and Midtown Manager in preparing and monitoring the annual
- Assist with the financial activities of the WorkBC centre to ensure accountability and support in the delivery of programs. Work with staff regarding wage subsidies for participants and reimbursement of wages to employers.
- Utilize computer programs and data bases ensuring security, confidentiality and back up procedures. Programs include the Integrated Case Management and Contract and Financial Management systems.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory bodies (CICA, Revenue Canada, EI and IA).
- Adhere to PCRS and Ministry standards and practices in all accounting practices.
- Demonstrate professional conduct in particular with sensitive and confidential information.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and staff; actively engage, initiate and participate in team efforts, within WorkBC centres as well as the Agency’s finance team.
- Participate in staff meetings, committee meetings, staff training, and agency staff meetings.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Post-Secondary certificate, diploma or degree in accounting or relevant field
- Understanding the financial requirements of the WorkBC contract and demonstrated competency to perform required accounting tasks.
- MS Office and overall computer proficiency including data administration utilizing complex data bases; advanced Excel skills.
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, excellent math skills and strong communication and computer skills and administrative capability
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and interpret the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, CRA as well as Employment Insurance and Income Assistance policies and eligibility requirements.
PCRS Finance Controller as well as Manager of WorkBC
Salary Range: $23.99/hour – $27.32/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”